Hyperstar Views

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
umasscrew39

Hyperstar Views

Post by umasscrew39 »

Andromeda and her sisters- 60s unguided exposures for a total of 15 minutes

Trio of the Bubble N, NGC 7538 and Messier 52- 60s unguided exposures for a total of 80 minutes

On a C11" using the hyperstar with a ZWO ASI 294MC Pro Cooled camera (-10; 300 gain; 4 offset) and an Opltolong L-eNhance filter. Darks and flats applied. Post processing with PixInsight.
Attachments
Bubble N_M52_NGC7538.jpg
Bubble N_M52_NGC7538.jpg (759.37 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Andromeda Galaxy.jpg
Andromeda Galaxy.jpg (368.55 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Last edited by umasscrew39 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nexusjeep

Re: Hyperstar Views

Post by nexusjeep »

Nice shots, I am considering the L-eNhance filter if I decide to get a colour camera to go with the ASI1600mm for nights when I want an easier life or have friends children around to show them things in colour rather than monochrome. The bubble and lagoon look good for 80mins lots of detail. Quite like the look of the new ZWO6200 colour but as a full frame will involve the selling of body parts to fund it but would give really wide field shots.

Keep the images coming.

Cheers
Nick
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

That is a lot of Andromeda for 15m - hyperstar earning its keep here. The Bubble shot turned out well.

Dave
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

turfpit wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 pm That is a lot of Andromeda for 15m - hyperstar earning its keep here. The Bubble shot turned out well.

Dave
Thanks for the compliment, Dave. My trusty hyperstar has worked well for over 3 years and I love wide fields of view to capture multiple objects. I also like doing small planetary nebulae to really emphasize the vastness of space. Going from f/10 to f/2 allows one to eliminate the need for darks, flats, guiding, and even good polar alignment; however, I still do all of those just out of habit.
Last edited by umasscrew39 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

nexusjeep wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:08 am Nice shots, I am considering the L-eNhance filter if I decide to get a colour camera to go with the ASI1600mm for nights when I want an easier life or have friends children around to show them things in colour rather than monochrome. The bubble and lagoon look good for 80mins lots of detail. Quite like the look of the new ZWO6200 colour but as a full frame will involve the selling of body parts to fund it but would give really wide field shots.

Keep the images coming.

Cheers
Nick
Thanks so much for the compliments, Nick. Despite building an observatory over 20 ft in the air, this new filter is turning out to be a life saver for me in my humid, LP Florida weather. I had much better luck when I lived outside of San Francisco. I know what you mean about color vs mono. I have the ASI1600mm as well and it works great but most folks get bored with mono despite them being more sensitive than the color cameras. A full frame color camera would be nice but my wife would divorce me if I got one of those. So, I am content with the ASI 294MC cooled and ASI385 MC cooled cameras.