NGC7380 Wizard Nebula Ha/Oiii/Sii

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
nexusjeep

NGC7380 Wizard Nebula Ha/Oiii/Sii

Post by nexusjeep »

The weather has not been playing ball lately but the sky cleared last night at 23.30 so imaged until just before 4.00 the shot is composed of the best 80% of the frames taken. This is also with the new darks library with all gains set to a black offset of 50 as it saves me having to remember to change the offset as well as the gain.

Also used the satellite feed with Infra+ to track the clouds on Windy.com hence knowing it was going to clear and also allowed me to watch were new clouds were coming from hence packing up at 4am all in all everything went well and all the kit behaved itself.

Equipment
Avalon M-UNO mount + EQDirect cable
APM LZOS 780/130 refractor + Riccardi 1.0x Flattener
Altair 60mm Guidescope + GPCAM2 Guide Camera
Imaging Camera ASI1600MM-Pro at -20c
Filters 6nm Astronomik Ha / Oiii / Sii
Software Sharpcap Pro/ PHD2 / Stellarium / EQMOD / Astro Pixel Processor + Photoshop CC

Exposures Ha 34 x 120s / Oiii 24 x 120s / Sii 25 x 120s gain set to 200 offset at 50

Image_19_09_07_NGC7380_Wizard_Nebula_e120s_g200_Ha_x34_Oiii_x24_Sii_x25 by Nick Davis, on Flickr

Clear skies and thanks for looking

Cheers
Nick
turfpit

Re: NGC7380 Wizard Nebula Ha/Oiii/Sii

Post by turfpit »

Nick

Turned out well. Always good to get new kit tested, I reckon that is a job best done on a less than clear night. How are you finding APP?

Dave
nexusjeep

Re: NGC7380 Wizard Nebula Ha/Oiii/Sii

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Dave,
I tried PixInsight and APP on trial and stuck with APP as for me everything was just easier as I can process up the data from an evening in a couple of hours without difficulty were as I found PixInsight a little bit convoluted and heavy going. It just depends on what you are looking for but after 12 months of use I would definitely recommend APP I originally looked to switch to something as I was getting all kinds of weird effects on images with DSS so bit the bullet and paid for a piece of software and have never really looked back especially as I now have my masters library and bad pixel map built it is a doodle to process up an image.

Cheers
Nick