NGC 6992 Eastern Veil 3 Panel Mosaic

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
BlackWikkett

NGC 6992 Eastern Veil 3 Panel Mosaic

Post by BlackWikkett »

Since we've been in galaxy season I've been using my RC6 at its native focal length of f/9 1370. As We get closer to summer some of the large nebula regions have started to become available to image. Since the RC can't fit everything in the field of view I've created my first mosaic to capture most of the Eastern Veil Nebula. Below are the individual panels then the final mosaic.

Equipment: RC6 f/9 1370 mm FL, IDAS D1 LPS filter, ZWO ASI294MC Pro -15 C, CEM60 Mount. Stellarvue 50 mm guide scope, ZWO ASI290MM guide cam.

SharpCap Live Stack with dithering every 180 sec, 60 sec 300 gain 50 subs per panel. Each image saved as seen 8 bit PNG. Used Photoshop to color balance, noise reduction and crop dithering artifacts.

ImageNGC6992 PT1 PS Edit Stack_49frames_316s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageNGC6992 PT2 PS Edit Stack_50frames_3000s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageNGC6992 PT3 PS Edit Stack_52frames_3120s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageNGC6992 Mosaic PS Edit by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
turfpit

Re: NGC 6992 Eastern Veil 3 Panel Mosaic

Post by turfpit »

Wickett

Very good. I see you used Microsoft ICE for stitching the 3 panels - a very useful piece of software.

Dave
BlackWikkett

Re: NGC 6992 Eastern Veil 3 Panel Mosaic

Post by BlackWikkett »

Thanks Dave, and thanks for reminding me about the MS ICE. I had forgotten to mention the software in my original post.

I used Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor) to stitch the three panels of the mosaic together. One of the members of NSN https://www.nightskiesnetwork.com/ introduced me to this tool. It's very easy to use, I used all the automatic functions to create my mosaic.

Here's the download link to Microsoft ICE https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/researc ... te-editor/
This is a free tool!