My Messier Journey So Far

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
BlackWikkett

My Messier Journey So Far

Post by BlackWikkett »

Next month on June 18 will mark the two year anniversary of my first image captured in astronomy. Back in the early days I used DSLR, BYEOS and a 70 mm Stellarvue APO. This was a great combo to get started with and still use it to this day. Since then I've moved to RC6 along with the ASI294. The move to the cooled camera and RC also started me using SharpCap last fall. I've been using SC and live stacking pretty much exclusively since then. In March of this year I completed my first attempt at a Messier marathon and was able to image 79 objects. As of today I've imaged all but 3 Messier objects which I should be able to capture before the end of the year.

The image below is my Messier catalog off all captured objects except the three missing. Most of the images in the mosaic were captured with SharpCap Live Stacking. The three missing objects have a place holder with time and date when they'll be high enough for me to attempt an image.

ImageBlackWikkett Messier Objects 5-31-2019 by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
nexusjeep

Re: My Messier Journey So Far

Post by nexusjeep »

Going well then good luck with the remainder, I really should capture more of the messier objects. Not done much lately as it is not dark until nearly twelve also currently the weather has been awful so actually seeing something other than clouds would be nice.

Cheers
Nick
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Well done Wickett - your stamina is to be commended.

Dave
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Thank you for your kind words.