Live Stacks 12-17/18-18 Comet, Galaxies, Clusters and Nebula

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
BlackWikkett

Live Stacks 12-17/18-18 Comet, Galaxies, Clusters and Nebula

Post by BlackWikkett »

Hi All

First night with new CEM60 mount. Now that I have a working process to allow flat frame to be used in SC and ZWO ASI294 I spent a long night Live Stacking and broadcasting on NSN. Started at sun down completing some testing and ended Live Stacking at sunrise. Was a very fun night and I'm happy with the results.

Equipment: RC6, ZWO ASI294 MC Pro, Astro-Physics CCDT67 reducer, IDAS D1 filter.

Follow image links to see detail information linked to each image.

-Wikkett

ImageM33 Stack_64frames_1920s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageComet 46P/Wirtanen Stack_5frames_150s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
Guiding on comet aligning stars.

ImageComet 46P/Wirtanen Stack_30frames_900s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
Guiding on comet stacking not aligning using sigma clipping

ImageComet 46P/Wirtanen Stack_31frames_930s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
Guiding on comet stacking not aligning using default stacking

ImageC49 Rosette Nebula Stack_61frames_1830s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageM81 & M82 Galaxy Stack_121frames_3630s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageNGC2024 Flame Nebula - B33 Horsehead Nebula Stack_151frames_4530s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageNGC 1893 Stack_40frames_1200s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageM104 Sombrero Galaxy Stack_64frames_1920s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageM101 Pinwheel Galaxy Stack_134frames_4020s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageM68 Globular Cluster Stack_30frames_900s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageM53 Globular Cluster Stack_17frames_510s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr

ImageM3 Globular Cluster Stack_15frames_450s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
turfpit

Re: Live Stacks 12-17/18-18 Comet, Galaxies, Clusters and Nebula

Post by turfpit »

A good night's work there Wickett. Great images of some tricky objects. Your stamina and attention to detail are acknowledged.

Dave
BlackWikkett

Re: Live Stacks 12-17/18-18 Comet, Galaxies, Clusters and Nebula

Post by BlackWikkett »

Thanks Dave, was very fun evening. To give you an idea how close to sunrise I was, two final images.

ImageM13 Stack_12frames_360s_WithDisplayStretch by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
Trying to adjust settings to squeeze in one final image before sunrise

ImageSunrise imaging with SharpCap by Black Wikkett, on Flickr
As you can see from the histogram, sky brightness is a losing battle about 40 minutes before the official sunrise. I've been side tracked lately and missed many clear nights. Just trying to get what I can from the time that I have. SC Live Stacking makes it possible when everything is working!

-Wikkett