Key capture settings are SER, MONO8, capture area 1024x768, gain=5, exposure=8ms, brightness (offset)=0. 500 frames at 36fps.
Equipment was an Altair 66ED-R refractor, QHY5LII-M camera, 2x barlow. Focus was achieved by using Zoom to 150% and targeting the terminator.
The order for processing the SER files was as follows:
- The six panels were captured with a 25% overlap.
- The six panels were stacked with Autostakkert3!, best 25% of 500 stacked.
- The six panels were stitched together using Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE).
- Wavelets were applied using Registax6.
- Contrast and brightness were adjusted using GIMP 2.10.
The QHY mono has a peak QE of 74%, making it a very capable imaging camera.