NGC 7635, The Bubble Nebula

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
turfpit

Re: NGC 7635, The Bubble Nebula

Post by turfpit »

Of all the money I have spent, I feel the best value has been the purchase of a second hand Celestron AVX mount (£500). I think this has been the biggest contributor to my progress. Along with:
  • Putting effort into good polar alignment.
  • Taking the time to get better focus.
  • Scrutiny of the histogram/image statistics in a single frame in FITS liberator before committing to an imaging run.
Come on Brian, get it spent - there are no pockets in a shroud. ;)

Dave
mAnKiNd

Re: NGC 7635, The Bubble Nebula

Post by mAnKiNd »

Haha! this is great point, being able to get on with the equipment you have and learning how to best use it rather than constantly plonking out hard-earned money on ever changing new gear! I too have friends who feed their G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome) more than they feed their relationship with the toys they already have, but I don't have fun watching them because I can't afford to be like that and well... maybe I would be too if I could!

Having said that, I understand that a toolsman can only be as good as his/her tools, so I've carefully chosen me some good tools to get the job done and I spend my time perfecting their use. A fully functional and well performing go-to mount with pc control is the top tool in my list, everything else can suffer some kind of compromise for me, but not the mount!

Having said that, the picture of your gear is beautiful and I congratulate you for utilising it to it's 100%, shows good character :)

Cheers
Minos