Equipment: Celestron AVX mount, Celestron C8 SCT, IR cut filter, ZWO ASI120MC (USB2)
- Enable WinJupos filenames in SharpCap settings
- Set Brightness=0
- Set gain=70 (out of 100)
- Adjust exposure (0.007s) until histogram ~70% saturation
- Capture a sequence of 10 x45s SER videos @ 100fps (gives 5000 frames per video)
- Autostakkert!3, stack 10 videos, each best 25% of 5000 frames
- Registax6, auto RGB balance, mild sharpening
- WinJupos, align 10 images and combine to single image
- Registax, sharpen + contrast + brightness
Capture in progress:
Unprocessed capture video played back in SER Player:
I will keep practising https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap200628.html, thanks for that link Brian
The left hand image is a single video processed with Autostakkert!3 and Registax 6.
The right hand image is the result of combining 10 processed videos with WinJupos.