How To Add Time Delay Between Array of Sequential Exporsures

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
admin
Site Admin

Re: How To Add Time Delay Between Array of Sequential Exporsures

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, I just track down the problem – in still mode for the ZWO camera the line of code that set that information on each frame was being bypassed. I will have a fix in the next update to SharpCap 3.3.

Cheers, Robin
skithebird

Post by skithebird »

Thanks Robin!! That would be really great. I sure appreciate your timely support.

I wonder how difficult would it be to for SharpCap scripts to process images using ImageJ? By this I mean running ImageJ routines directly from SharpCap scripts.

We're currently processing multiple series of SharpCap images from ImageJ. Shortly, we'll be looking to automate our analysis process (e.g., stacking several differently exposed images, subtracting dark levels, applying a pre-calibrated spatial correction filter, forming a single composite image, and then plotting that composite in various ways). Plus we'll be doing this iteratively for red, green, and blue color filters plus white.

Is it a practical possibility to imagine doing this directly from SharpCap? Or do you think we're better off writing image-saving scripts in SharpCap, and then applying a separate image processing script in ImageJ?

Thanks,

Bob
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Bob,

You can probably run imageJ command lines from within the SharpCap python environment using os.system(), but you will need to save the images to file first. It may be easier to just save them all to file and have a separate application to process them. I think it is impossible to get Java (imageJ) to run in the SharpCap process.

Robin
skithebird

Post by skithebird »

Makes sense. Thanks!