Can a script pickup the polar alignment data?

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
backyardastrokiwi

Can a script pickup the polar alignment data?

Post by backyardastrokiwi »

Can a script pickup the polar alignment data, like when it says move x right/left move x up/down? I want o access this information for a script of mine.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can a script pickup the polar alignment data?

Post by admin »

Hi,

Sorry but there's no way to do this from the script currently – I be interested to hear what your plan is to use this data though!

Cheers, Robin
backyardastrokiwi

Hey Robin,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm attempting to build an automatic polar alignment kit for my mount using 4 servo motors. The idea is to use the data from the polar alignment tool in sharpcap to automatically drive the servos which will align my mount for me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

That sounds very cool :-)

I have just added a PolarAlignOffset property to the main SharpCap object in the scripting. This will return the offset if the polar align tool is already in the final adjustment stage or a zero offset otherwise. I'm hoping to get a new build online today which will have this change in it.

Cheers, Robin
mAnKiNd

Post by mAnKiNd »

backyardastrokiwi wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:22 am Hey Robin,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm attempting to build an automatic polar alignment kit for my mount using 4 servo motors. The idea is to use the data from the polar alignment tool in sharpcap to automatically drive the servos which will align my mount for me.
I have been dreaming of a motorized PA routine for a while now and you sir are on it! Best of luck ☺️

Minos
backyardastrokiwi

admin wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:00 am Hi,

That sounds very cool :-)

I have just added a PolarAlignOffset property to the main SharpCap object in the scripting. This will return the offset if the polar align tool is already in the final adjustment stage or a zero offset otherwise. I'm hoping to get a new build online today which will have this change in it.

Cheers, Robin

WOW thank you!