Control Panel Widgets

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
oopfan

Control Panel Widgets

Post by oopfan »

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the example script using OpenCVStarDetector. That was easy!

That started me thinking about the possibility of adding a new control group to the panel with spinners for minimum and maximum star size, having my script receive events when control values change, running the detection code, and drawing a bounding box around all stars detected in the current image, and updating at a user specified exposure and frame rate?

It's also got me thinking that if what I ask is possible then what percentage of new SC development that you do is in IronPython vs C#. As they say "Inquiring minds want to know!"

Thanks,
Brian
admin
Site Admin

Re: Control Panel Widgets

Post by admin »

Hi,

the only UI you can interact with is the toolbar where you can add extra buttons. You could of course show your own UI window next to or on top of SharpCap with your own controls in.

There's currently no way to intercept frames in scripting to process them before they are saved/displayed - maybe one day.

None of the core code is written in IronPython - almost everything is C# with a small amount of C++ where performance is critical.

cheers,

Robin
turfpit

Re: Control Panel Widgets

Post by turfpit »

How to add a button to the toolbar can be found here http://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/2.9/#Start-u ... ipts%20Tab

Dave