Platesolving in script

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
fly_n

Platesolving in script

Post by fly_n »

Hello,
I've created a script to goto a position and take a picture.
Now I would like to plate solve the picture from within the script and goto a second position based on the results of the plate solve.
Going through the SharpCap. commands listed I was not able to figure it out.
If you could please point me in the right direction.
Thank you, N
admin
Site Admin

Re: Platesolving in script

Post by admin »

Hi,

There is no direct command to carry out plate solving from the scripting API, but it should be relatively simple to invoke the command line plate solving application in the same way that SharpCap does.

If you run the plate solving from SharpCap by pressing the UI button and then go and look in the log you will see the commandline parameters that are used for the plates solving to give you a starting point. The results of the plate solving procedure can be found in the output of the command line solving tool. Once you have those you should be able to synchronise the mount using this scripting

Code: Select all

SharpCap.Mounts.SelectedMount.SyncTo(ra,dec)
Hope this helps, Robin
fly_n

Re: Platesolving in script

Post by fly_n »

Robin,
thank you for taking the time to respond.
The log was a good starting point.
I got something to work by calling platesolve2, which will suffice for the moment.
(still need to figure out how to get the results in, without going through writing and reading files, but this is me being new to python)

Regards, Norman