"Sharpcap.Base.dll" and "SharpCap.App.dll" not found

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
Ozo_N

"Sharpcap.Base.dll" and "SharpCap.App.dll" not found

Post by Ozo_N »

Hi !

I am trying to interface sharpcap 3.2 with an external python script , so I need to import a "Sharpcap.Base.dll" and a "SharpCap.App.dll" files to run my script, as suggested by the help in the internal IronPython console, but I don't find theme in the sharpcap directory.
Where could I find the proper files ?
I haven't bought the pro license yet, is it correlated ?

Many thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: "Sharpcap.Base.dll" and "SharpCap.App.dll" not found

Post by admin »

Hi,

Those two files are no longer included as part of the SharpCap installation. Please can you explain a bit more detail what you are trying to do and I will see if there is an alternative for you.

Those files will not magically appear if you buy the Pro version!

Cheers, Robin
Ozo_N

Post by Ozo_N »

Ok.
I have written a python script in which I import specific librairies and packages to run other devices, and I would like to add some other functionnalities to control a camera thanks to SharpCap . So I can't run such a script via the internal python console of SharpCap due to dependance of external elements.

Is it possible to add/import something else at the begining of my python script, allowing to call/communicate with sharpcap functionalities from an external console ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, there has been some experimentation with using a Python package called 'Pyro' inside SharpCap as a remoting server that means that SharpCap functionality can be invoked from other Python scripts running in a separate process. I think you will find some mentions of it in this scripting forum.

Even that might be a bit overkill for this situation – you could always start a TCP server on a port from the Python within SharpCap and then connect to that externally. All you need to do then is read messages from the port and have some sort of protocol that you can design yourself for the actions you want to take.

Cheers, Robin
Ozo_N

Post by Ozo_N »

Hi Robin !
Thank you so much for your help !
I get my external code communicating with an internal script running from the SharpCap python console with "Pyro".

However, as far as I know, I still need to run the internal script manually in the SharpCap console, is there a way to run it remotly ? It's not critical but would help a lot.

Best
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

You can set a script to run automatically at start-up in SharpCap (there's a tab in the settings to allow you to configure this) so it may be possible to get the Pyro server running automatically every time you start SharpCap and then only connect to it when you need to. You can also run SharpCap with a commandline argument (/runscript) to cause a particular script to be run at start-up.

Code: Select all

SharpCap/runscript "c:\full\path\to\script.py" 
Cheers, Robin