Automated LRGB Sequence Capture

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
1CM69

Re: Automated LRGB Sequence Capture

Post by 1CM69 »

Here we go, my working script now with GUI.
LRGB_Sequence_Capture_[GUI].txt
(29.45 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
A huge thanks to Brian & Robin for getting me out of a pickle at times.

Anyone is welcome to use/modify the script as they wish, just share any improvements. :D

Cheers..,

Kirk

***EDIT***
I have made a slight change to the script and now added the new version to this post.
1CM69

Post by 1CM69 »

I used the script for the first time last night & it worked perfectly out-of-the-box although I did notice a couple of places to make improvements, which I have now done.

One small thing was the message given when either the Camera or FilterWheel or both were not connected, it was a bit ambiguous so I changed that to something more meaningful.

Another slight issue was when advancing through each filter in turn as L,R,G & B with the BLUE channel needing a longer exposure & higher gain it was very noticeable when the script then called the LUM filter as the initial exposure was blown out and on occasion this was captured at the start of a LUM sequence.

Obviously this was also happening between each other filter change but was less noticeable.

I just added a short pause between each filter change and the call to 'PrepareToCapture()'

Also I have now added this script to GitHub for ease, it is available here: https://github.com/1CM69/LRGB-Sequence-Capture

Regards..,

Kirk
mAnKiNd

Post by mAnKiNd »

Dear Kirk and co. Thank you for your efforts on this, I will surely find this very useful. I'll give it a test next clear sky :)

Cheers
Minos
1CM69

Post by 1CM69 »

mAnKiNd wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:09 pm Dear Kirk and co. Thank you for your efforts on this, I will surely find this very useful. I'll give it a test next clear sky :)

Cheers
Minos
Thanks Minos, post back your results.

Regards.,

Kirk
B915

Post by B915 »

Hello

I know little about SharpCap and less about scripting but I have modified this useful script in two ways; first to use five filter positions (Ha in position 5) and secondly to show exposure times as seconds or milliseconds (the earlier version seemed to not quite get this right).

Be gentle with me!
Attachments
LRGBH.py.txt
(33.42 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
1CM69

Post by 1CM69 »

B915 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:31 am Hello

I know little about SharpCap and less about scripting but I have modified this useful script in two ways; first to use five filter positions (Ha in position 5) and secondly to show exposure times as seconds or milliseconds (the earlier version seemed to not quite get this right).

Be gentle with me!
OK, I’ll have a look through when I get a chance 😉