Access to Capture Profiles

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
Inok

Access to Capture Profiles

Post by Inok »

Hi, I would like to get the loaded name of the Capture Profiles in the Camera Control Panel but I don't find the object. Is this object accessible in python?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Access to Capture Profiles

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately not with Python scripting - you can only load and save profiles, not query the name of the currently loaded profile.

sorry,

Robin
Inok

Post by Inok »

Hi Robin, Thanks for the quick reply. I try to explain my pain, perhaps is there a better way to solve it.
I work for a public observatory and SharpCap is used by several demonstrators. We want to simplify the operation for live stacking. We already defined the object of interest as capture profile. The final solution is to load the capture profile according the object telescope is pointing. For this I want to start a server in python to communicate with the telescope software. When I get the object from the telescope SW I would load the the capture profile.
When live stacking is done, we would store the image to a web server for accessing by the visitors.
In the first step (my question is pointing) I just want to store the image to the web server.
I thought to use the TargetName field but then the demonstrators has to enter the name first.
You see, behind my question is a more complex use case.
Is there a better way or is it possible to get access to the capture profile object in one of the next releases?

Best regards
Konrad
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Konrad,

I was going to suggest a workaround using the 'Notes' field in the capture profile, but I just tested and it looks like that field is not loaded from profile :(

I will add a 'LastLoadedProfile' property to the camera - it will be read only, but should solve your use case.

cheers,

Robin
Inok

Post by Inok »

Thank you Robin,
I will test it as soon it is available.
Best regards
Konrad