Any scripts out there for this?

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
Chris_h

Any scripts out there for this?

Post by Chris_h »

So I like to do full disk solar animations, but I have to pick if i want surface or proms. So is there a way to use scripts to run a capture sequence like this:

Take a video with surface settings

Immediately take another video, this time with prom settings

Wait say 30 seconds

Rinse and repeat

admin
Site Admin

Re: Any scripts out there for this?

Post by admin »

Hi,

you could certainly do this with scripting, but it will be easier using the SharpCap 4.0 sequencer - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#The%20 ... e%20Editor

Capturing, changing control values, delays, loading capture profiles, looping can all be handled easily with the sequencer.

cheers,

Robin
Chris_h

Post by Chris_h »

SharCap 4?! I didn't even know that was out! Never got an update poke :shock: Excellent then! I will give that a go! :D
Chris_h

Post by Chris_h »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is everything I ever wanted! Works great too! :D

Now all I need is for guiding to work on the sun... 8-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I haven't pushed out an auto-update notification for SharpCap 3.2 users yet - this is deliberate... SharpCap 4.0 is released, but I am still fixing bugs that are being found by more and more people using it. As a result, the version of SharpCap 4.0 that you can download today is much more stable and has far fewer bugs than the version you could have downloaded on July 1st. The bugs are coming in slower now, so maybe within the next month or so I will do the auto-update for SC 3.2 users.

Now, guiding on the sun... Not sure about that, but having done some more Solar imaging myself recently, I have some ideas for related new features that might be interesting.

cheers,

Robin