New IronPython version and numpy/scipy

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
Jean-Francois

Re: New IronPython version and numpy/scipy

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

I have a question concerning the green status line that appears with the path + name of the file after the capture of a film (or image).

Is it possible to define the position or to disable it ? (in a setting in SharpCap or with a script command).

The reason, I do sun imaging with a spectroheliograph and the image ROI is very small in the height (3000x100 or 1600x64 pixels).
The green line overlaps the camera live image .. and it is necessary to close it manually each time.

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Code: Select all

SharpCap.ShowNotification(None)
will dismiss any notification that is showing, which should do the trick.

cheers,

Robin
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

I test it ... it works, thanks.
I note that it disable the notification only "from" the script.

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jean-Francois,

I would have expected it to clear any visible notification (except for a couple of SharpCap Pro license related ones which show for at least 5 seconds). Of course there could be cases where another notification is shown straight after you have cleared the previous.

cheers,

Robin
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

I wrote in the last 15 minutes a message ... and at the time to send it ... => Login Window appear ... and all my message disappears (again).
Has the webpage somewhere a timer ? ... If yes, can you change it with a longer time ?

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

as far as I know there is no timeout - I stay logged in for weeks or months at a time. If you don't click 'remember me' when logging in then you probably have to log in again if you close/reopen the browser, but nothing should time out a login session.

Ahhh... just had a dig through the settings - it looks like the server keeps track of your IP address - if that had changed then it may decide to make you log in again. If you see the login prompt, I *think* the back button will return you to the post page with the contents of your post retained.

cheers,

Robin
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

OK, I need to remember to copy all my message before clicking on the "Submit" button.
If it happens one time more, I will try to go back ... we will see.

For my script ... I have an additional question ...
Is is possible to import the telescope control buttons ("< > ^ v") for use in the script window ?

And for IronPython ... do you have a look at the new version ?
Can you insert the new version in SharpCap on the side of the 2.7 version ?

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you cannot get at the up/down/left/right buttons, but you can command the mount via the

Code: Select all

SharpCap.Mount.SelectedMount
object - this gives you 'MoveAxis' and 'AvailableRates' to play with moving the mount axes.

I haven't had a chance to try the new IronPython yet, I think the replacement will be an 'all or nothing' thing - trying to get it to work side-by-side with the old version will just add lots to the complexity.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

just had a look at the IronPython 3.4 this evening - it's too early to include that in SharpCap as it is still an 'alpha' level pre-release, and in particular there is one bug that stops output printed from Python from being shown in the SharpCap scripting window in the current release (https://github.com/IronLanguages/ironpython3/issues/961).

I will keep an eye on things - when the next update of the nuget packages for 3.4 come out it should contain a fix for the above issue, which would at least make it testable.

cheers,

Robin