Python Library Installation

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
lightpath

Python Library Installation

Post by lightpath » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:30 am

Hey there fellow scripters-

I'm working on an all-sky camera script and I was wondering if there's a way to install 3'rd party libs into IronPython. In particular I was looking at Astral, so I could know when the sun is up, and disable dark frames for example.

Does anyone know a better way to do this within the tools that ship with Ironpython in Sharpcap?

Thanks very much for putting IronPython into SharpCap by the way- It's wonderful!

Mark.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Python Library Installation

Post by admin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:58 am

Hi Mark,

glad you like the IronPython scripting :)

I think it should be fairly simple - just use sys.path.append('c:\my library') to make IronPython search for imports in an additional folder (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/314 ... her-source).

Iron Python can only load external modules that are pure python (not ones that have C/C++ components), so you have to be careful of that. I expect that if you set up a separate install of python 2.7 and 'pip install' the modules you want into that, you may just be able to point SharpCap at it's module directory.

cheers,

Robin

lightpath

Post by lightpath » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Those are neat solutions, I'll give them a try! Thanks Robin!

Mark.

lightpath

Post by lightpath » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 am

Unfortunately the dependencies got irritating for Astral. I'm going to try and solve this problem another way. Your solution did work, however, thanks!

TimHaymes

Re: Python Library Installation / access to system time?

Post by TimHaymes » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:27 pm

I have a question about scripting. Is it possible to pole the system time, so that I can write a script that will enable me to start an SER recording at a specified time for a specified duration ? I use the QHY174m-GPS. Based on what I have read here, it may be possible to include additional libraries. Any suggestion/example welcome.

Im not a regular scripter, i just hack examples ;) Infact, i have not used ironPython.

Tim

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi,

Yes, you can definitely do something like this to wait until a certain time. There are examples in all sorts of places on the web showing how to do this with Python that can be reused in SharpCap – for instance one approach is shown here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/448 ... rtain-time

Hope this helps, Robin