License issue when polar aligning

Using SharpCap's Polar Alignment feature
RayD

License issue when polar aligning

Post by RayD »

Hi all,

I purchased a Pro license and when I run Shrpcap it confirms it is Pro version, but when I run my PA I get to a point where I adjust Alt/Az and clicking next says I need a licence. I click on "have license" and it comes up with the correct details and shows valid until 2018.

The problem I have is that it doesn't seem to recognise this and just keeps coming up with this box, which actually shows it is only valid for Altair cameras? Why would this be? I use an OAG and am struggling with getting enough stars. I can get them in my SX main camera, but keep seeing this box.

Am I doing something wrong or have I missed a step?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: License issue when polar aligning

Post by admin »

Hi,

please go to Help->SharpCap Pro License in the menus and then send a screenshot or the text of the license to me via *private message*. It sounds like you still have the included license for an Altair camera installed rather than your paid-for license.

cheers,

Robin
RayD

Post by RayD »

Hi Robin,

Yes this is resolved now thanks. It seems that the original license with the Altair restrictions actually becomes valid again which is what was throwing me. I have pasted the new license information over this and all is good now.

Many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good to hear it's resolved :)

cheers,

Robin