Polar alignment could not solve?

Using SharpCap's Polar Alignment feature
MockTurtle

Polar alignment could not solve?

Post by MockTurtle »

...for the life of me I seem can't seem to get PA to solve again? i've done it plenty of times before and it used to be a breeze!?

not sure if its normal, but i had a look at the log and its spitting out these lines:

Code: Select all

Error:	00:41:56.9594224 Thread:Image Process Thread#9 SharpCap.FrameTransforms.LiveStacking.LiveStackViewModel.SendToMainLogger(LoggingEvent loggingEvent) :: No potential transforms remaining after filtering for scale
Error:	00:41:56.9792564 Thread:Image Process Thread#9 SharpCap.FrameTransforms.LiveStacking.LiveStackViewModel.SendToMainLogger(LoggingEvent loggingEvent) :: No potential transforms remaining after filtering for scale
Error:	00:41:56.9802948 Thread:Image Process Thread#9 SharpCap.FrameTransforms.LiveStacking.LiveStackViewModel.SendToMainLogger(LoggingEvent loggingEvent) :: No potential transforms remaining after filtering for scale
Error:	00:41:58.9953353 Thread:Image Process Thread#9 SharpCap.FrameTransforms.LiveStacking.LiveStackViewModel.SendToMainLogger(LoggingEvent loggingEvent) :: No potential transforms remaining after filtering for scale
...just thinking i must have inadverdently changed something as it was working perfectly just a few nights ago?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Polar alignment could not solve?

Post by admin »

Hi,

check the star count to make sure 15+ stars are being picked up (and try adjusting the star detection settings if fewer are found). The other possibility is that you are >7 degrees from the pole, and therefore out of the range of SharpCap's star database.

Check out this page for more help : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/fea ... leshooting

cheers,

Robin
MockTurtle

Post by MockTurtle »

...got it working again! somehow i must have ticked north hemisphere instead of south. thanks for the reply though.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, yes, that would break things too !!!

cheers,

Robin