Slow Frame Rate

Using SharpCap's Polar Alignment feature
bill2009

Slow Frame Rate

Post by bill2009 »

i'm using sharpcap pro with a QHY5L-II-M to align my mount. I have the exposure set for 2 seconds but it seems much slower. it's not complaining about lost or dropped frames but I think i saw the frame rate showing .1 frames per second. what could i be doing wrong?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Slow Frame Rate

Post by admin »

Hi,

on that particular camera there are two control settings that may affect frame rate – the first is simply labelled 'Speed' and by turning this up to the maximum you will almost certainly see the frame rate increase.

The second is labelled 'USB Traffic'. This one's a bit more complex to adjust – as you turn it the camera is likely to run faster, but if you turn it down too far then you may end up getting very slow frame rates or none at all. Basically you need to tinker with this one a bit until you get the setting that works best for you.

Finally, try to keep your USB cable short – so many issues are caused by overlong cables or hubs being added to try and get a longer USB cable run. If the problem goes away when you use a short USB cable or when you get rid of the hub (if you're using one) then there usually isn't much that you can do in the software to help – you just need to shorten the cables.

Cheers, Robin
turfpit

Re: Slow Frame Rate

Post by turfpit »

Bill, Robin

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2590 see page 3 for QHY5LII-M settings. I always work through this doc with any new camera as I know it will save time and pain down the line.

Dave