SharpCap pro polar alignements

Using SharpCap's Polar Alignment feature
ADBen

SharpCap pro polar alignements

Post by ADBen »

I already have SharpCap and I'm looking into buying SharCap pro for polar alignements. Is it possible to have it on my Samsung tab4 tablet? The telescope is in the observatory but I work in the office (astroffice), where my computer is, next to the observatory . I can't run to the observatory to do adjustments to the mount. ADBen
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap pro polar alignements

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap is Windows only, so it will not run directly on an Android tablet or iPad. However, you can typically get the same effect by running SharpCap on the PC and using some remote access software on the tablet to see the PC screen and take control of the PC. Depending on the version of Windows you have, you may have built in 'Remote Desktop', and there are certainly remote desktop client apps for Android and Apple.

cheers,

Robin
ADBen

Post by ADBen »

Okay, Thanks for the reply. Looking into this.
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

if you're doing polar alignment, you're going to need to be at the mount to make physical adjustments to altitude and azimuth, - that's unless you have a very fancy mount that controls these electrically as well as RA & Dec?
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
ADBen

Post by ADBen »

I'm looking into using "remote desktop" which will let me use my tablet to control the computer remotely when I'm at the scope.
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

Ah, I misread your post - your mention of getting Pro for polar alignment, led me to believe that you wanted to do that remotely.

I use Teamviewer to connect to my observatory PC - I think there is an android version
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff