Adjust White Levels

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
eventhorizon99

Adjust White Levels

Post by eventhorizon99 »

Really enjoying using SharpCap for live stacking EAA.

But encountered an issue in the newer versions of SharpCap (not sure if this is an issue or feature). I am unable to adjust white levels beyond a certain point due to which I am in limited in how much I can stretch the image. I see a new control called "Smooth black point" which takes real estate away from the white levels control.

This is unfortunately a real issue as in live viewing/EAA having the ability to aggressively stretch the image is really helpful. Is there any way to restore the previous functionality of the white level adjustment control i.e. any way to drag it all the way to the left?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Adjust White Levels

Post by admin »

Ah, interesting - my normal approach is to bring the gamma slider on the left hand side downwards, which stretches the shadow levels much more than the highlights, which then means that adjusting the white level is something I rarely need to do.

Would that approach work for you? If not, I will try to work out somewhere else to put the 'smooth black level' control to give the whole range back to the white level.

cheers,

Robin
eventhorizon99

Re: Adjust White Levels

Post by eventhorizon99 »

Robin,

Tried that but does not quite yield the same result as the white levels.

Would really appreciate it if you could allow the full range for white levels.

Really appreciate all the effort you put into SharpCap. It is turning into one of my favorite Astro applications.

Thanks