Live stacking of a given number of frames

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
esordini

Live stacking of a given number of frames

Post by esordini »

Dear all,
I am looking for a live stacking mode such as the following:

1) Live stack a predefined number of frames, either by setting an absolute count (say, 50) or a max live stacking duration in seconds (which would yield frame count = duration*[frame rate] frames)
2) Automatically save the stacked image with a increasing counter to some location on the local hard drive
3) Reset the live stack and go back to step 1

I can't find anything like the above in SharpCap's rich live stacking feature set. Is there a workaround or a way to obtain/emulate this behavior?

Thanks in advance
Emmanuele
admin
Site Admin

Re: Live stacking of a given number of frames

Post by admin »

Hi Emmanuele,

what you are looking for is at the bottom of the main Live Stacking control area - 'Save and Reset every XX minutes' - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Left%20Panel

cheers,

Robin
esordini

Post by esordini »

what you are looking for is at the bottom of the main Live Stacking control area - 'Save and Reset every XX minutes' - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/#Left%20Panel
Hello Robin,
thanks for your reply. Will the textfield also accept decimal places? I need to save and reset every few seconds (from 1,2 up to 10 or 15, i.e. 0.017 up to 0.25 minutes).

Thanks,
Emmanuele
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

whole numbers only, sorry. Stacking will reset when the total stacked exposure time first passes the set value (so, for instance if you set 8 minutes but are using 180s exposures, the reset will happen after the 3rd frame is added to the stack - giving the stack a total exposure of 9 minutes).

cheers,

Robin