Output formats

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
remorgan

Output formats

Post by remorgan »

is it possible to auto save the live stack in png or jpeg format? I'm trying to output a single live stack image to a folder where it can be picked up and displayed in a slideshow. The advanced "Save and Reset" would work but not sure it can output different formats. My only option that I know of is to hit the Save button under Actions, but it's not auto. Any help appreciated!

--Rob
admin
Site Admin

Re: Output formats

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you use the option to automatically reset the stack every <N> minutes, then SharpCap will automatically save the stack in three formats – 32 bit FITS, 16 bit FITS and PNG including live stacking adjustments. The latter usually shows up in a 'processed' subfolder.

cheers,

Robin
remorgan

Post by remorgan »

>> SharpCap will automatically save the stack in three formats – 32 bit FITS, 16 bit FITS and PNG

got it and thanks!, would it be feasible to have the same Actions for Save also for the advanced Save? Was hoping the PNG would be "Save exactly as seen" with the display histogram stretch.

On Folder Monitor was trying to use a wildcard for the Source Folder file names so it wouldn't stack files that were mark as bad. Maybe allow the path to be editable so a name like M42*.fit would be ok and Bad_M42*.fit would be filtered out?

--Rob
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, I'm not quite sure why it doesn't save the image in all four possible ways during the autosave procedure – I'll make a note to look into it.

From the folder monitor camera point of view, it would seem probably easier just to move those files to a subfolder – if they've already been renamed as 'Bad_*.fit' (either manually or automatically) then moving them all to a separate folder is not much of an extra step.

Cheers, Robin