Exposure and Gain issue, Live Stack from Folder

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
LesG_Paramount

Exposure and Gain issue, Live Stack from Folder

Post by LesG_Paramount »

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, I have been trying to use the folder live stack feature of SharpCap 3.2.6442.0

When I try and stack, I do not get access to the gain and exposure controls, as such, I am unable to change the gain and exposure to see the image and allow the stacking to occur.

I have captured images of M15 (Hercules cluster) using Atik Infinity camera, so opening the folder with the fits files, but don't have any control settings available:
SharpCap Capture of settings.JPG
SharpCap Capture of settings.JPG (62.71 KiB) Viewed 1021 times

Are there any settings I am missing to have applied for this to work, or is this something else?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Exposure and Gain issue, Live Stack from Folder

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's exactly how it's supposed to work – when you're using the folder monitor capture your working with images that have already been grabbed from the camera and saved to file – there's no way to adjust the exposure or the gain at that point. You would adjust the exposure and gain at the time that you originally captured the images and save them.

Hope this helps, Robin
LesG_Paramount

Re: Exposure and Gain issue, Live Stack from Folder

Post by LesG_Paramount »

Ah ok, I think I was confused from this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fvm_DjOgaY that was showing the 'folder' for live stacking, and see now, after reviewing, he is actually using a camera.

Regards
Les