Exposure problem

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
nettid

Exposure problem

Post by nettid »

Dear guys,
When i set in SC 8/9 sec of exposure SC does not stop and performs up to 19/11 or 12 sec.
How i can fix this?
I’m working with my new hypercam 294c
21B5CA86-5D18-4DD1-B39A-581816FBBF2F.jpeg
21B5CA86-5D18-4DD1-B39A-581816FBBF2F.jpeg (230.25 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Exposure problem

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think there are two possible explanations here – firstly the time recorded in the progress bar goes a little beyond the expected exposure time because there is a delay while the frame is downloaded from the camera to the computer. This means that the time so far will go beyond the exposure length by little and the time to go will go slightly negative just before the frame finishes. There's nothing to worry about if this is all that is happening.

The other possibility is that the camera is dropping frames (which usually means that the frames are being lost in the communication between the camera and the computer). If this is happening then the timer will go 10 or 15 seconds passed the expected length of the frame and then the drop frame count will increase in the bottom left-hand corner rather than the preview frame count. If this is what's happening then you need to think about what might be causing USB communication issues with the camera. There's a thread full of helpful suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556

Hope this helps, Robin
nettid

Re: Exposure problem

Post by nettid »

Hello Robin,
Thanks advance!
Really I don't have frames dropped...
I have only a delay between one frame and the other...