individual raw image format while livestacking

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
jeruss

individual raw image format while livestacking

Post by jeruss »

Greetings, Can the raw individual files be saved in the fits format while livestacking or are they automatically saved as png files. If they can be saved as fits files, would this affect the time it takes for livestacking to align and stack the files? I would like to save individual files as 16 bit raw in fits format but do livestacking at the same time. Thanks.
chongo228

Re: individual raw image format while livestacking

Post by chongo228 »

If you have the save individual frames selected it will be in Fits. If it does affect the stacking time I can't tell....it maybe takes a second or less. I feel like I remember it saying someplace how long it took to stack. Perhaps under the alignment tab but I could be wrong. I live stack and save the raw fits for later processing.

As far as I know the only way it saves in PNG is if you select the save as seen option.
jeruss

Re: individual raw image format while livestacking

Post by jeruss »

thanks for the reply but I believe if you select png output format on the right side column under capture format and area, all of the raw files will be saved as png while livestacking. I think this may be the default setting. But from what you have just said sounds like I can set it for fits format and the raw frames will be saved in fits while livestacking is running. Thanks.