Fine control of the Live Stacking Histogram

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
Avocette

Fine control of the Live Stacking Histogram

Post by Avocette »

I have just discovered (stumbled across?) the fine control of the sliders in the colour balance area. After clicking on a particular colour slider, I find it responds with very fine control using the up/down cursor keys. This has allowed me to make very pleasing interim stack results which I save 'As Is' for sharing without needing offline processing. However I haven't found a similar fine control feature for the three luminance controls and hence my trackpad adjustment of the vertical lines are rather unsubtle in comparison to the colour balance. Am I missing something in the UI here? Could I use key strokes instead of the trackpad, or is there an easy way of reducing the trackpad 'gain' while making these adjustments?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Fine control of the Live Stacking Histogram

Post by admin »

Hi,

the trick with making fine adjustments the luminance controls is to either hold down the shift key while dragging them left and right or to start dragging and then move the mouse pointer to the top of the screen before continuing to drag. Both of these will give you much finer control of the position of the slider.

Hope this helps, Robin
Avocette

Re: Fine control of the Live Stacking Histogram

Post by Avocette »

Thanks - I’ll try both suggestions.