Problem with refreshing the stack

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
yingp2004

Problem with refreshing the stack

Post by yingp2004 »

HI Robin
i had pro license. live stack 1 minute refreshed for too long? I want to broadcast the meteor in real time. Can the user set the refresh by frame number, such as 3-100 frames.In addition, can you slightly improve the black screen that is refreshed?

Or add advanced features such as alignment/automatic histogram to FX:Frame Stack (3-10)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with refreshing the stack

Post by admin »

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Are you asking about the option to 'save and reset every <X> minutes' in the live stacking?. There is currently no option to set this particular feature up in terms of the number of frames instead of the amount of time.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by 'improve the black screen that is refreshed'. Perhaps a screenshot of what you are talking about would help me to understand.

Finally, I'm not sure I've encountered anybody using live stacking for meteor capture before. I would have thought it would be best just to use live video if you are trying to film meteors trails. What does the live stacking bring to meteor detection?

Cheers, Robin
yingp2004

Post by yingp2004 »

sorry my poor English
i want capture meteor with galaxy,show my daughter。i need align and Instant refresh for watch。no need save files

can u help me?( align for FX:Frame Stack 10 )

thank very much ,Robin
Last edited by yingp2004 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you are just watching the image on screen and you want to brighten up faint details in the image then the best bet is to use the stretch functionality built into the small histogram that you can see on the right-hand side. This gives you much more control than using the FX frame stack or FX image boost options.

The simplest thing to do is to drag the vertical dashed yellow line in the middle of the small histogram to the left, which will brighten the darker regions of the image. There are also adjustment lines at the left-hand side and right-hand side of the histogram that you can drag for finer adjustments.

For just watching live images on the screen I would suggest taking exposures of about four seconds and use the camera again and the histogram adjustments described above to brighten the image.

Hope this helps, Robin
yingp2004

Post by yingp2004 »

ok,Robin,thank you
yingp2004

Post by yingp2004 »

admin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:51 pm Hi,

If you are just watching the image on screen and you want to brighten up faint details in the image then the best bet is to use the stretch functionality built into the small histogram that you can see on the right-hand side. This gives you much more control than using the FX frame stack or FX image boost options.

The simplest thing to do is to drag the vertical dashed yellow line in the middle of the small histogram to the left, which will brighten the darker regions of the image. There are also adjustment lines at the left-hand side and right-hand side of the histogram that you can drag for finer adjustments.

For just watching live images on the screen I would suggest taking exposures of about four seconds and use the camera again and the histogram adjustments described above to brighten the image.

Hope this helps, Robin
can u add option to set this particular feature up in terms of the number of frames live stack? thank u