How to get rid of 'unusable' frame

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
remyastro

How to get rid of 'unusable' frame

Post by remyastro »

Hello all,

I imagined M82 last night using Live stacking functionality of Sharpcap.
It went quite well (see picture), but it happened that by change I also shot an artificial satellite.
This frame was stacked with all the other frames, and the final image contained that non-desired satellite track.

How could I have deleted this frame? Live or later on in the process ?
Are all the frames saved individually somewhere , so the be able to choose between them?

Your answer is wellcome, as so may artificial satellites are polluting our sky and our pictures!

My configuration : 65/420 mm telescope, AZ-Gti mount, 314L mono camera, output format fits.

Kind regards.
Remy
M82
M82
Stack_20frames_600s.png (599.14 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Stack_20frames_600s.CameraSettings.txt
Settings
(858 Bytes) Downloaded 159 times
saguaro

Re: How to get rid of 'unusable' frame

Post by saguaro »

I'm sure others will chime in but what immediately comes to mind is that if you use the live stacking algorithm "Sigma Clipping" instead of the default, the sigma clipping will help exclude unwanted artifacts like satellite or airplane trails from the stacked image. Sigma Clipping is only available in SharpCap Pro. Hope this helps.
remyastro

Re: How to get rid of 'unusable' frame

Post by remyastro »

Hi Saguaro,
Thank you for your advice.
From now on, I will always choose the live stacking 'sigma clipping' algorithm.
This advantage of 'sigma clipping' algorithm is also clearly explained in the sharpcap user manual.
Kind Regards.
Remy