Secondary Live View Window

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
Hawkmoon

Secondary Live View Window

Post by Hawkmoon »

Hello,
I am new to SharpCap Pro. I am going to use the live view feature for EAA. I currently use Infinity Software with an Atik Horizon color camera. I am wondering if there is a secondary viewing window that can be used for people to view on a different monitor? I have two monitors that are used to extend the usable screen space. They are configured as screen extensions, not mirroring. However, one of the monitors swings out to a large pane window in the observatory for people to view the live view from comfortable seating on the deck. My goal is to have that image be full screen and viewed without all the controls, and the monitor that remains inside at the desk have all the normal SharpCap window and controls for the software. So, the outside monitor is just the live image and the inside monitor is the,”Wizard of Oz” monitor so to speak where all the controls are being manipulated to make image adjustments.

Infinity has this ability, but I prefer the capabilities of SharpCap more and would like to switch, as well as the fact that SharpCap is a multi-camera Platform.

If this isn’t an option, is it something that could,would, or is be considered for a future update?

Thank you all in advance.
Todd
admin
Site Admin

Re: Secondary Live View Window

Post by admin »

Hi Todd,

Is this what you are looking for? https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Two%20Monitor%20View

Cheers, Robin
saguaro

Re: Secondary Live View Window

Post by saguaro »

Just be aware that with Two Monitor View, your inside monitor won’t include the live stacking image, since it’s only displayed on the second monitor and not on both at the same time. I’ve requested this as a feature enhancement, but until then see my workaround here:viewtopic.php?t=963