virtual camera

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
brrttpaul

virtual camera

Post by brrttpaul »

Hi guys, I have just been using the older version of sharpcap when someone mentioned the new version is much improved and has a virtual camera, I have downloaded the latest version but for some reason the virtual camera is not highlighted, I have a pro license but that was for the older version (even though it says in my sharpcap 3.2 that im pro), Do I need a new license or something to run the virtual camera?
admin
Site Admin

Re: virtual camera

Post by admin »

Hi,

Your Pro licenses good to use the folder monitor camera in SharpCap 3.2 – all you need to do is select it from the cameras menu as shown below.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.69 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
Cheers, Robin
brrttpaul

Post by brrttpaul »

Thx for the very rapid reply, I was looking at the one above it DOH
goldtr8

Post by goldtr8 »

I used the folder monitor camera to re-stack my M27 image that I had saved as a monochrome as I did not realize that the 4 slider was at zero. Anyway I was able to redo the histogram and had very nice color and wanted to save the new as viewed and the image would not save.

So the question is does the SW not allow saving of a virtual stack or am I missing something or is it a bug.

I really like this feature to go back and improve on an image without having to use other software tools. So if we could save that would be awesome.

Thanks
Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

You should be able to save once you have re-stacked using the virtual camera. Which button did you use to try to save? I would suggest using the button in the live stacking panel.

If you're still having issues, please send me the log file after the problem has occurred and I will see if I can work out what is going on.

Cheers, Robin