First timer, focusing (?) problem

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
AussieHowie

Re: First timer, focusing (?) problem

Post by AussieHowie »

Here you go Joe. Bit long about 30 mins but I cover easy way to focus, and demo how to use the display histogram to setup a good image for stacking, as well as live stacking with Sharpcap 3.2. You'll see a checklist in the video which shows there are only 2 settings used with the display histogram, and just a few more in the stacking window ... very simple. You'll see the ease of use in the video (especially at the end when doing the "artistic" bit with the stacking histogram. Link to the video below. Cheers
https://youtu.be/0Fvm_DjOgaY
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Very well done Carl. Encouraging people to learn indoors is a good thing. This should help people getting started with Live Stack.
To make this useful resource more visible it could be worth posting a new thread in the Tutorial sub-forum. That way you will better be able to handle the questions that arise.

Thanks again for doing this.

Dave
psy1280

Post by psy1280 »

Wow! Bravo! What a magnificent learning tool, I have a patient in a few minutes so I was only able to view half of the video that you so generously provided. Although I wish I could have seen this a year ago, there's a Zen adage, "When the pupil is ready, the teacher appears." This video couldn't have come at a better time in my SharpCap evolution.

You're a great and patient teacher!!!!

Joe