live stacking won't start new image

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
badbye

live stacking won't start new image

Post by badbye »

I did a live stack of m57 and it turned out great, but when I went to m27 it show it on the screen until I hit live stacking again, and m57 shows back up on the screen but would not stack because I wasn't on m57. So what am I missing here? I tried several things, save, stop, clear. what do I need to do to end that image and start another? I use a ZWO 1600MC camera.
admin
Site Admin

Re: live stacking won't start new image

Post by admin »

Hi,

the 'Clear' button should do what you need - clears the current stack, resets the image and sets the frame counts back to zero - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#The%20 ... 0Interface

cheers,

Robin
badbye

Post by badbye »

I thought i did hit the clear button, maybe not. I will check this out the next time i go out. I sent my 11" celestron back to california to be cleaned and checked out, so i dug out my 10" meade LXD55. It does not have the capability to autoguide. So i thought i would try the live stack mode and it worked great. I will let you know when i test it. we got full moon now.
Thanks
badbye

Post by badbye »

Yes the clear button did the trick. I thought i hit the clear button but i guess not.
Thanks,
Glen