Can't Align after about an hour....

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
poolemarkw

Can't Align after about an hour....

Post by poolemarkw »

On several occasions I will successfully Live Stack for an hour or maybe longer and then will start getting alignment errors. I'm filtering on FWHM but the filter score is still below the threshold so that doesn't appear to be the issue. The text indicates that it can't align the frames. I'm using an Explore Scientific 127ED scope and ZWO ASI178MC camera, and do notice some drift in the stack. What are some things that I can investigate to determine exactly why this is happening? One theory is that my drift has caused me to no longer be capturing one of the alignment stars. If that is the case, is there a way to pause stacking and re-center the image? Anything else that I should check? Thanks, this tool is awesome!

Mark
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't Align after about an hour....

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, what's most likely is that the offset has become enough that the program can't find a matching pattern of stars between the stack and the frame. There is indeed a pause button in the live stacking, so you could re-center if you wanted - http://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#The%20L ... 0Interface

cheers,

Robin
poolemarkw

Re: Can't Align after about an hour....

Post by poolemarkw »

Excellent, thanks!