Lost the color

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
Danoglide64

Lost the color

Post by Danoglide64 »

Hi,
Last night I tried live stacking for the first time. I focused on NGC40 and got everything ready and began live stack and let it run 50 images and then I ran 10 dark files. I came in and ran Registax 6 and saw that the image was B&W not color.
See below the image and the text.
Stack_16bits_59frames_1770s.CameraSettings.txt
(748 Bytes) Downloaded 164 times
Did I make a mistake somehow?
Thanks,
Dano
Attachments
NGC 40.jpg
NGC 40.jpg (165.61 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
turfpit

Re: Lost the color

Post by turfpit »

Dano

I see you captured RAW8 & PNG format. Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=35&t=254 which might be the answer here.

Dave
oopfan

Post by oopfan »

Hi Dano,

Just curious, did the LiveStack image show color?

Not familiar with StarStax but I just finished reading the docs. Again just curious, did you tell LiveStack to save each of the 50 light frames to your hard drive with the intention of doing dark frame subtraction in StarStax? I ask because darks are usually collected before lights, so that then LiveStack can do the subtraction for you. Disclaimer: I am not a LiveStack expert -- things may have changed since the last time I dabbled in it six months ago.

Sorry I can't help you with the color issue.

Brian
Danoglide64

Post by Danoglide64 »

Thanks for the replies! I'll try to study over the article on debayering this evening. Brian, the livestack showed great color and I switched back and forth between looking at the stack or the individual images. I made a mistake saying I used Starstax and I changed it to Registax6. I created a folder named NGC40 and all the images were sent there.

Thanks again,
Dano
Danoglide64

Post by Danoglide64 »

Wooo hooo!
I downloaded PIPP and ran the monochrome image through it, incredible!
NGC 40 edited.jpg
NGC 40 edited.jpg (234.24 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
It's not Hubble but for my first it looked pretty good!

Thank you very much!
Dano