Mars in 4K from Rovers

Using SharpCap for any Non-Astro use including Microscopy, high speed imaging or anything else!
oopfan

Mars in 4K from Rovers

Post by oopfan »

Menno555

Re: Mars in 4K from Rovers

Post by Menno555 »

That is SO cool! Always find it weird to look at this: my mind knows this is Mars, but it's hard to picture it's Mars :)

Btw, here ar raw images from both Spirit and Opportunity from the landings (Sol day 001) on. No 4K, just as it was captured and send, all camera's.
Many cool pics there, including all the pics for if you want to make your own panorama's :)
https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/multimedia/raw/
oopfan

Post by oopfan »

Yes, the images are awesome, also the technology to make it happen. I'd like to see more emphasis on Moon bases though, after all you can get there in less than a week, and then use it as a launchpad for trips to asteroids. Also I'd like to see robotic observatories on the Moon that you and I can access for imaging. No worries about clouds or light pollution. Image 24 hours a day. I haven't been able to image in over a month due to weather. Lately I've looked into renting time at a robotic observatory at a dark site on Earth but even they suffer from long periods of bad weather! I know two people who have given up the hobby due to weather. One guy replaced his telescope with goldfish. He says he is much happier now :-(
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Brian,
They are cracking images and like you say even more so when you consider what was involved with capturing them, and I also feel for you with the weather as the UK is not renowned for it's blue skies and sunshine it was three months since I had a clear night and then we had two Wednesday's in a row but now back to grey overcast and lashing down with rain.

Cheers
Nick