Cartes du ciel or skychart?

Using SharpCap for other Astro Imaging such as all sky cameras and meteor detection
Sergio

Cartes du ciel or skychart?

Post by Sergio »

Hello

Once the sharpcap plate solving solves the plate for me, how does it synchronize with cartes du ciel?
Is it better to use cartes du ciel or skychart for sharpcap?

see you
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cartes du ciel or skychart?

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you configure both the sky chart application and SharpCap to talk to the Ascom driver for the mount then the synchronisation between the applications should work automatically – both will periodically update based on any changes to the mount's position and both will be able to send commands to move the mount.

If you are looking for the best free sky chart application, I would strongly recommend SkyTechX (http://skytechx.eu/) - I find it much better than Cartes du Ciel.

Hope this helps, Robin
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Hi

Thanks for your answer.
Skytech works in windows 10?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, I use it on Windows 10 on my observatory PC very successfully. One big advantage is that it doesn't have all the random pauses that Cartes du Ciel seems to have.

Cheers, Robin
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

Just thought I'd mention that Stellarium now supports ASCOM telescope control as of the latest version. Stellariumscope is no longer needed.
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

I have always used Stellarium and it is even easier now that Ascom support is native as Stellariumscope could sometimes cause issues for me with EQMod, I have also switched to Green Swamp Server for mount control over EQMod and this is also working and playing well with PHD, SharpCap and Stellarium.

Cheers
Nick